the art ofrefinement
Mr Olivier Amar is one of the United Kingdom’s leading consultant plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic surgeons with more than 15 years’ experience.
A master of refinement, Olivier is meticulous in approach and attitude. His London based cosmetic surgery clinic specialises in bespoke facial rejuvenation, body contouring and breast enhancement – all performed under day surgery. His reputation among patients and peers alike comes from exacting standards and the use of subtle, unique techniques which turn aesthetic surgery into an art form.
Understanding Cosmetic Surgery and Plastic Surgery by London Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Olivier Amar
If you are considering cosmetic or plastic surgery in London, it’s important to understand each specialty and its background.
The popularity of plastic and cosmetic surgeries in London is on the rise with more people seeking out the best ways look and feel more confident.
While cosmetic surgery and plastic surgery are closely related specialties, they are distinct specialties. Both cosmetic surgery and plastic surgery help to improve a patient’s body, however, each has different goals for patient outcomes.
Cosmetic Surgery focuses On Enhancing Appearance
Cosmetic surgery procedures, techniques, and principles focus on a patient’s physical appearance and key goals include improving aesthetic appeal, symmetry, and proportion.
Some popular cosmetic surgery procedures include:
• Breast Enhancement: Fat Transfer to Breast, Nipple and Areola Reduction, Breast Implant Replacement & Removal, Breast Augmentation or Reduction, Breast Lift
• Facial Contouring: Facelift, Rhinoplasty, Jawline and Chin Contouring
• Facial Rejuvenation: Facelift, Lip Lift, Brow Lift, Neck Lift, Face Lift, Non-Surgical Facelift, Fat Transfer, Fat Transfer to Face, Lip Filler Injections, Blepharoplasty
• Body Contouring: Tummy Tuck, Mini-Tummy Tuck, Liposuction, Fat Transfer, Fat Transfers to Thigh and Buttocks, Arm Lift, Thigh Lift
• Hair Treatment: Advanced Hair Therapy, Biotherapy PHP, Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
• Skin Rejuvenation: Laser Resurfacing, Botox, Filler Treatments
• Scar Management: DNA Keloid Scar Prevention, Scar Kit, Scar Prevention
• Fat Transfer: Super Enriched Fat Transfer with SVF Stem Cells, Nano Fat Injections, Fat Transfer, Fat Transfer to Face Fat Transfer to Breast, Fat Transfer to Thighs and Buttocks
Plastic Surgery Focuses On Repairing Defects To Restore Normal Function And Appearance
Plastic surgery, also known as reconstructive surgery, is a specialty focused on the reconstruction of facial and body defects that arise from birth disorders, trauma, burn, and disease. The goal of plastic surgery is to correct dysfunctional areas, returning it to it’s normal or close to normal function.
Some popular plastic surgery procedures include:
• Breast Reconstruction
• Burn Repair Surgery
• Congenital Defect Repair: Cleft Palate, Extremity Defect Repair
• Lower Extremity Reconstruction
• Hand Surgery
• Scar Revision Surgery
The basic similarity between cosmetic surgery and plastic surgery is that both surgeries aim to reconstruct or improve the appearance of the human body. Plastic, reconstructive and Aesthetic surgeons share a background of cosmetic and plastic specialties.
If you are considering cosmetic or plastic surgery, Dr. Olivier Amar and his London based cosmetic surgery clinic can help answer your questions, giving you the opportunity to discuss your hope-for outcome and make the very best decision.
‘We all age but it is how we age that is important to me. Ageing does not happen evenly – it can suddenly affect even the most beautiful person. Yet why wait until you need a face-lift when I can help make you look your best every day?‘
That’s why I create bespoke life plans for patients so that we can identify and eliminate imperfections as they appear. It is a journey we go on together and I build relationships with patients that last years.‘
With the lightest of touches and minimally invasive techniques I can restore, revive and replenish – to reveal a face which is visibly younger and healthy-looking. I want to make a person look refined – and always elegant.‘
I make patients look natural; I never seek to change a person but I do seek out the latest techniques to ensure they look refreshed and vital.’
‘I am aware patients do not want to spend a long time hidden away. That’s why I perform day surgery and work on a minimal social eviction time.‘
120 Sloane Street Clinic
Mr Olivier Amar consults from his private practice at 120 Sloane Street in London, which attracts patients and consultanting doctors from around the world. Here he works alongside a team of leading surgeons to deliver the best medical and surgical care available. He is supported by a dedicated nursing and management team and anesthetists from both the NHS and private hospitals whom he praises for their consummate skill and professionalism.